The Hahndorf Hufendorf Walking Tour takes you to prominent locations at the northern end off the main street, including locations not open to the general public! Enjoy an in-depth look at the town.
Touring From Adelaide up to the Hills
The winding road through the Adelaide Hills beckons you on, each corner revealing a new delight and a promise of more to come. In a matter of minutes, the pace and noise of the city are forgotten. On the way to the jewel, you’ll visit iconic locations along the way, including:
- Mount Lofty Summit
- Carminow Castle
- Thorngrove Manor
The crown jewel is Hahndorf and you are swept aside by its many charms.
Arrive in the oldest Germanic Village in time for the Hahndorf After Dark Tour which includes:
- Stories about the Prussian immigrants who fled religious persecution to come to South Australia
- The path of the Prussians as they walked the streets of the Strassendorf
- Visit to the ‘ol mortuary, stonemasons, and cemetery
- Exclusive access to St Paul’s church
- Old folklore tales surrounding the ‘ol Pear Tree and the famous Pretzel
At the conclusion, return to pick up location by 11 pm or stay overnight in Hahndorf! Hahndorf Walking Tours can provide you with great discounts in the village, like 15% off accommodation with Hahndorf Accommodation Group. Bring an overnight bag and stay in the village. Make it a real adventure!
The tour suits all ages but children are by negotiation. Car seats are not available, so the transport is not suitable for infants.
Join our After Dark Experience and spend the night in Hahndorf!
- Minimum of 2 guests, and maximum of 25
We need a minimum of two guests to operate the tour. You’re welcome to pay for two guests and come solo.
- We provide a business discount
Book with us and you receive a business discount voucher for over 20 businesses that is good for six months.