Hahndorf’s Connection to Country commencing at AJ park, and picnic!
- Adult Includes delicious picnic meal option.
- Child (5-12 Years) Includes delicious picnic meal option.
Celebrate the stories of Hahndorf along with Ivan, Elder of the Peramangk and Kaurna people and me, Sharon, local resident and owner/operator of Hahndorf Walking Tours.
• Commence with a bush tucker tasting at Alec Johnston Park, Main Street (opposite CFS shed) at the BBQ just past the Pioneer Memorial Water feature. Please arrive 15mins early for sign in
• Ivan will be providing a welcome to country and background history to the First Nations People in Hahndorf and the Adelaide Hills
• Together we’ll explore the relationship of the early settlers and the reason why the Prussians came to this area and settled in this valley where the Peramangk people had lived for thousands of years
• An overview of the relationship between the Peramangk with the first settlers – one of the few good new stories
• 60min walking tour including entry into an historic Lutheran church and then into a backstreet of Hahndorf where we’ll be visiting a private property with the oldest example of Germanic architecture (fachwerk) in the Southern Hemisphere
• Ivan will also provide a fascinating demonstration of aboriginal artifacts
• We’ll enjoy a picnic together prepared by Kitchen 2C on private property
Picnic lunch consists of:
Gourmet wrap using local products, your choice of
1. Harris Smoked Salmon with fresh beetroot, cucumber, lettuce and Horseradish Cream
2. Skara Hungarian Salami, Cheddar cheese, tomato, caramelised onion, lettuce and roasted garlic aioli.
3. Udder Delights Brie and roasted vegetables, olive tapenade and lettuce
• House made Apple Yoghurt and Oat Cake
• A bottle of ‘Rock and A Hard Place; sparkling water
• Kitchen 2C Coffee voucher, regular. Additional cost for upsizing or alternative milks
All areas are wheel chair accessible.
Minimum 10 Adult participants
Hahndorf Walking Tour Wellness Wander gift pack (Optional) $70.00
• Indigenous print apron (made in Hahndorf) – one size fits all. They may be variations to the apron as they are individual. Limited numbers of indigenous prints so an alternative print will be provided if these are exhausted.
• Two products from Coco Marie (locally hand-made, small batch natural and organic skin, bath, and body products)
-Foot balm, 50g – Lavender and Peppermint
-Bath Salt, Foot Soak, 200g
• Lavender sachet – locally grown in Hahndorf
• Lemon myrtle tea (3 teabags) – locally grown in Hahndorf