Strudel and Stroll Walking Tour in Hahndorf
$89.00 | 2 Hours | 10:30am Monday - Saturdays
Meeting Location: Hahndorf Inn
Go inside to the reception desk to let staff know of your arrival
Check-In: 10:30am Monday to Saturday
Your guide will meet you inside the Inn to commence your tour at 11.00am
24 hours notice required
- Minimum: 2 guests, or pay for 2 & find a friend to come with you
A delightful and unique experience that combines culinary delights with historical exploration.
The Strudel and Stroll Walking Tour in Hahndorf, South Australia, is a delightful and unique experience that combines culinary delights with historical exploration. Here’s what you can expect:
- Meeting Point: Your adventure begins at the historic Hahndorf Inn, where you’ll gather at 10:30am. The inn itself likely exudes a charming, old-world ambiance, setting the tone for the day.
- Apple Strudel Making: The tour kicks off with a hands-on activity where you’ll have the opportunity to construct your own apple strudel. You’ll be guided by a skilled staff member, learning the secrets of making this classic German dessert.
- Walking Tour: At 11:00am, your knowledgeable guide will lead you on a 90-minute walking tour of the village. As you stroll through Hahndorf, you’ll be immersed in its rich history and charming architecture. The guide will share stories about the town’s Germanic heritage and its transformation into a popular tourist destination.
- Exclusive Access: The tour promises exclusive access to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, allowing you to explore this historic place of worship. You’ll have the chance to appreciate its architecture, history, and the cultural significance it holds in the community.
- Farmlet Visit: Another highlight of the tour is a visit to the oldest Germanic farmlet in the Southern Hemisphere. This part of the tour offers you a glimpse into the agricultural practices and lifestyle of the early German settlers in the region. You can learn about their traditions, and see and learn about the historic Fachwerk (Germanic) buildings.
- A favourite option for visitors is to book in for lunch and have your strudel for dessert.
- For your convenience you can do this when you book the tour.
- We want to make your visit to Hahndorf as stress free as possible so there is a carpark at the rear of the Inn for patrons.
- A discount sheet is provided to guest for use in the village for 6months with around 15 traders included and several eateries.