Hahndorf After Dark Photo walk provides an experience for the visitor with a whole different perspective to the village.
- Adult 13+ Years
- Child (5-12 Years)
Celebrate the wonders of the land of the Peramangk people with Ivan Copley, Elder of the Peramangk and Kaurna people and Sharon Pippos, local resident and owner/operator of Hahndorf Walking Tours.
- Ivan and Sharon will take you on a journey on the property known as ‘The Cedars’, just outside the village of Hahndorf. We’ll explore its changing landscape and the changing usage of the land.
- Peramangk people nurtured this area of the Adelaide Hills for future generations. It’s fitting that Ivan will provide a Welcome to Country and a background history to the First Nations People. Together we’ll take a cultural walk to the Peramangk water holes: (Hahndorf Creek), and Hahndorf (Bukartila) Women’s Swimming holes. An authentic glimpse of the relationship between the Peramangk and the gum trees, hunting, gathering and the laws of the Land.
- This will be followed by an overview of the relationship with the first settlers in Hahndorf – one of the few good new stories.
- Ahead of his time Hans Heysen purchased these 60 hectares to protect the magnificent gum trees on, and surrounding, this property.
There are trees over 600 years old here and Heysen was the first Australian painter to focus on eucalyptus trees in their true light and form. He usually painting trees on his own property. Heysen often expressed his love of light. We’ll be shedding light during the tour. Come join us.
- Tour duration approx. 90mins.
- Tour does not include access to Heysen house or studio.
- A tasting of Lemon Myrtle Tea will also be provided.