The Hahndorf Story with a Traditional Custodians perspective and picnic!
Walk in the steps of the people of the land down through the ages
- Adult 13+ Years
- Child (5-12 Years)
History Month Special: $75.00 Adults
Celebrate the stories of Hahndorf along with Ivan, Elder of the Peramangk and Kaurna people and me, Sharon, local resident and owner/operator of Hahndorf Walking Tours.
- Commence with a bush tucker tasting at Alec Johnston Park, Main Street (opposite CFS shed) at the BBQ just past the Pioneer Memorial Water feature. Please arrive 15mins early for sign in
- Ivan will be providing a welcome to country and background history to the First Nations People in Hahndorf and the Adelaide Hills throughout the tour
- Together we’ll explore the relationship of the early settlers and the reason why the Prussians came to this area and settled in this valley where the Peramangk people had lived for thousands of years
- An overview of the relationship between the Peramangk with the first settlers – one of the few good new stories
- 60min walking tour including entry into an historic Lutheran church and then into a backstreet of Hahndorf where we’ll be visiting a private property with the oldest example of Germanic architecture (fachwerk) in the Southern Hemisphere
- Ivan will also provide a fascinating demonstration of aboriginal artifacts
- We’ll enjoy a picnic together prepared by Kitchen 2C on private property
Picnic lunch consists of gourmet wrap using local products, your choice of
Option 1: Harris Smoked Salmon with fresh beetroot, cucumber, lettuce and Horseradish Cream
Option 2: Skara Hungarian Salami, Cheddar cheese, tomato, caramelised onion, lettuce and roasted garlic aioli.
Option 3: Udder Delights Brie and roasted vegetables, olive tapenade and lettuce
Gluten free can be accommodated on request. [email protected]
• House made Apple Yoghurt and Oat Cake
• A bottle of ‘Rock and A Hard Place’ sparkling water
• Kitchen 2C Coffee voucher, regular. Additional cost for upsizing or alternative milks
All areas are wheel chair accessible.
There is a minimum of 10 adults for this tour to take place. You will be provided with a gift card to this value if the tour does not meet minimum numbers but hey it’s an amazing tour so it’s sure to proceed. Bring friends and have a wonderful experience together.
You will be notified 3 days prior if this experience doesn’t proceed. Strudel and Stroll Walking Tour will be running and could also be an option for you.
Details outlined in our cancellation policy. Wellness pack would still be available for pick up.
Hahndorf Walking Tour Wellness Gift Pack (optional) – $70.00
• Indigenous print apron (made in Hahndorf) – one size fits all. They may be variations to the apron as they are individual. Limited numbers of indigenous prints so an alternative print will be provided if these are exhausted.
• Two products from Coco Marie (locally hand-made, small batch natural and organic skin, bath, and body products)
-Foot balm, 50g – Lavender and Peppermint
-Bath Salt, Foot Soak, 200g
• Lavender sachet – locally grown in Hahndorf
• Lemon myrtle tea (3 teabags) – locally grown in Hahndorf
Watch our Wellness Wander Gift Pack video here!