The Hahndorf Story including a Traditional Owners perspective and picnic!
An experience to stretch your thinking and your perspective of Hahndorf
- Adult 13+ Years
- Child (5-12 Years)
Celebrate the stories of Hahndorf along with Ivan, Elder of the Peramangk and Kaurna people and me, Sharon Pippos, local resident and owner/operator of Hahndorf Walking Tours.
- Commence with a bush tucker tasting at Alec Johnston Park, Main Street (opposite CFS shed) at the BBQ just past the Pioneer Memorial Water feature
- Ivan will be providing a background history to the First Nations People in Hahndorf and the Adelaide Hills
- Together we’ll explore the relationship of the early settlers and the reason why the Prussians came to this area and settled in this valley
- An overview of the relationship between the Peramangk with the first settlers – one of the few good new stories
- 60min walking tour including entry into an historic Lutheran church and then into a backstreet of Hahndorf. Easy walking.
- We’ll enjoy a picnic together prepared by Kitchen 2C on private property where some special Germanic architecture is located.
Gourmet wrap using local products, your choice of
Option 1: Harris Smoked Salm with fresh beetroot, cucumber, lettuce and Horseradish Cream
Option 2: Skara Hungarian Salami, Cheddar cheese, tomato, caramelised onion, lettuce and roasted garlic ailoi.
Option 3: Udder Delights Brie and roasted vegetables, olive tapenade and lettuce
Gluten free can be accommodated on request. [email protected]
- House made Apple Yoghurt and Oat Cake
- A bottle of ‘Rock and A Hard Place; sparkling water
- Kitchen 2C Coffee voucher, regular. Additional cost for upsizing or alternative milks.
Once your booking is received further details will be provided including picnic location, parking and anything else I think of later. Don’t miss it!